Euterpea is a multi-platform, domain-specific language, embedded in the functional language Haskell, for computer music development. Euterpea is a wide-spectrum language, suitable for high-level music representation, algorithmic composition, and analysis; mid-level concepts such as MIDI; and low-level audio processing, sound synthesis, and instrument design.
- (22-July-2016) The Examples page has been updated.
- (9-May-2016) Euterpea-2.0.0 is now available on Hackage!
What’s on this site
- Library setup information:
- Haskell School of Music – a textbook detailing Euterpea and its applications. The textbook comes with its own library, HSoM, that expands on Euterpea and includes Musical User Interfaces (MUIs).
- API Documentation – features available in the Euterpea and HSoM libraries.
- Yale Haskell Group Website – information on the research group at Yale that created Euterpea.
Please send questions and comments to Donya Quick.